What can I do if the update from the handset was interrupted?
If the update procedure fails or your phone does not work properly following the update, repeat the update procedure. To perform the firmware update again, please do as follows:
- Close the application.
- Disconnect USB cable from the phone.
- Remove battery from your phone.
- Put the battery back in (phone is blinking).
- Reconnect USB cable.
- Start Gigaset QuickSync.
- Start firmware update again.
Updating via Bluetooth is not supported. Please connect the phone you want to update using the USB cable. A valid Internet connection is required to allow checking for new firmware and updating of your phones. Gigaset QuickSync will inform you that there is no valid Internet connection. If you have more than one phone to be updated Gigaset QuickSync will only download the firmware from the Internet once.
After the new firmware is downloaded from the Internet and the update process has started you cannot cancel the process, initiate another operation or close the application.
During the update procedure:
- Do not disconnect your device from the PC for any reason.
- Do not turn off your PC, or activate hibernate or stand-by modes.
- If you are using a laptop or netbook, please ensure your PC is powered up with a power supply.
- Be patient, the update will take up to 10 minutes (without download time). The phone will disconnect and connect several times. Do not interrupt this procedure.