Is it possible to update the handset via a bluetooth connection?
It is not possible to update the handset firmware via a bluetooth connection.
If you want to update your handset you need to connect the handset via a standard USB data cable with a USB mini-B connector with your PC.
To enable your handset to communicate with the PC, the "Gigaset QuickSync" program must be installed on your PC (free to download HERE.)
Completing a firmware update:
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USBdatacable.
- Start the "Gigaset QuickSync" program on your PC.
- Establish a connection to your handset.
- Select [Settings] →[Device properties]to open the [Device] tab.
- Click on [Firmware update].
This launches the firmware update.
The update process can take up to 10 min-utes (not including the download time).
Do not interrupt the process or remove the USB data cable.
The data is initially loaded from the update server on the Internet. The amount of time this takes is dependent on the speed of your Internet connection. .
The display on your phone is switched off and the message key and the talk key start flashing.
Once the update is complete, your phone will automatically restart.