Gigaset smart care: The intelligent emergency call system for people living alone.
A sensor-based emergency call system that sends smartphone notifications if something is not right in the elderly person's house.
The intelligent sensors can be easily attached to doors and windows and positioned in the room, then configured using the smart care app.
If the daily routine of the person living alone deviates from the norm, the system will alert you via push notification. A reliable system for better peace of mind.
How does Gigaset smart care help?
Leaving the house
If the sensors register that the front door has been opened and then do not record any movement inside the home for more than ten minutes, the system assumes that the person has left. The system then pauses all other notifications until it detects that the person has returned.
If the person leaves their home outside of a defined time frame, an alarm is immediately triggered to indicate that they have left the house at night.
Late getting out of bed
If the person does not get out of bed at the normal time, an alarm is triggered to indicate that they did not got out of bed in the morning. The relatives who are notified can then act quickly.
Individual components of the Gigaset smart care complete package:
Universal sensorHas your relative left the house at an unusual time?
Intelligent sensors are mounted on doors and windows and report whether the door or window is open or closed. This lets you know if the front door of the elderly person's home is opened at an unusual time.
Motion detectorActivity through the night? Or no activity in the morning?
The infra-red motion detectors immediately register any movement in the elderly person's home. This lets you know if the elderly person is up and about at night, so you can act accordingly. You'll also be notified if the elderly person does not get out of bed at their usual time in the morning, i.e. if no movement is registered, allowing you to act quickly. The motion detectors send the information securely to the smart care app on the family member's smartphone. It must also be noted that the system will not detect small pets weighing less than 25 kilogrammes.
Alarm buttonCall for help quickly
The alarm button can store contact information for up to four people, such as a relative, neighbour, friend or care assistant who lives close by. The alarm button can be installed in a permanent location or moved around the home. For example, if the elderly person suffers a fall, they can press the alarm button to trigger an emergency call, and the saved contacts receive a push notification. Several alarm buttons can be installed in one system. The colour of the alarm button can be changed to make it stand out better.
Base stationThe heart of the system
The base station is the main component in the smart care system. It is connected to the LAN and connects the wireless sensors to the smart care app and the cloud service. Up to 48 sensors can be connected to the base station.
smart care AppEverything you need to know in an instant
The Gigaset smart care app makes it so easy for relatives to stay in connected with an elderly person living alone. As soon as the app is connected to the base station, it can be used to control all smart care sensors, motion detectors and alarm buttons. Plus, it's easy and intuitive to use.
The app allows you to customise settings, for example:
- Defining an inactivity period despite the occupant being at home
- Defining the day-and-night cycle (e.g. to determine whether the occupant gets up at their usual time in the morning)
- Creating parameters for each individual routine — routines can be easily adjusted/deactivated
The app also constantly provides information to let you monitor whether everything is OK:
- When you open the app, the overview shows you at a glance whether the elderly person is at home, as well as if there are any emergencies or anomalies.
- Reports for individual routines (current and history)
- Notifications (push notification or emergency call)
Gigaset care tarifGigaset care tarif
The Gigaset smart care+phone complete package uses modern cloud intelligence. This is paid for via a monthly service plan called the Gigaset care plan.
The Gigaset care plan includes the following services:
- Always up to date: software is updated automatically on all devices
- 100% secure: Confidential data is stored in a secure cloud in Germany
- Always ready: Selected relatives are telephoned automatically in an emergency
- Always connected: Easy to control using the smartphone app and automatic push notifications in an emergency
- All inclusive: No activation charges, no hidden costs
SpecificationsGeneralArticle nameGigaset smart careMiscellaneousDelivery Scope
Contents and functions:
Hardware (one-off cost):
- 1 base station
- 2 motion detectors
- 5 universal sensors
- 1 alarm button
Gigaset care plan (monthly costs):
- Intelligent cloud solution
- smart care app
- Add up to four family members/friends
- Push notifications in the event of an emergency
- Daily statistical reports of all routines
(= defined applications) to detect any irregularities in their daily routine
Download & Support
Gigaset smart careManuals