How can I save the settings for the desktop phone on the PC?
In the WebGUI open the Settings - Management - Save & Restore Web page.
In the Save device settings to PC area:
Click the Save button next to Save settings.
The desktop phone will create a file Gigaset-yyyy-mm-dd.cfg (default name;
yyyy = year 4-digit format, mm = month 2-digit, dd = day 2-digit) with the
A browser-specific dialogue box appears where you can open/save the file.
Change the name, if necessary, and save the file on your PC.
The file will then contain e.g.:
- The settings for the local network (IP configuration),
- The active MSNs/connections,
- The assignment of send and receive connections,
- Your own local area code and access code,
- Network mailbox number,
- The info services settings,
- The settings for synchronisation with a time server,
- The ECO DECT settings,
- The settings for ringer melodies and volume levels
If you change the settings accidentally or you need to reset the desktop phone due
to a fault, you can reload the saved settings from the file on your PC to your phone.
Open the Settings - Management - Save & Restore Web page.