Why are all the handsets de-registered from the VoIP base station and/or why isn’t it possible to register the handset again after a software update (LED of the basis station flashes sporadically)?
One of the reasons for this condition could be that the software update was interrupted. The basis station tries permanently to accomplish the software update completely. Only after a successful update the device will be working again.
In order to solve the problem, please ensure that the router is connected to the internet and that the Gigaset base station is connected to the router. Wait approx. 15 minutes. Afterwards the Gigaset should be working again.
If any router settings were changed, please ensure that the DHCP server of the Routers is working. In order to activate the DHCP Client at the Gigaset basisstation, please do the following steps:
- Unplug the power-supply unit from the socket.
- Press and hold down the paging key on the base station.
- Plug in the power-supply unit again.
Therewith the DHCP Client of the Gigaset is activated again and the existing IP address is deleted.
If the Gigaset isn’t working again, please try the following steps to complete the software update:
- connect the device to another LAN-Port of the routers and wait approx. 15 minutes, or
- connect the device to a hub or switch and wait approx. 15 minutes, or
- connect the device directly to the DSL modem / cable-modem and wait approx. 15 minutes
- connect the device to another DSL modem / cable-modem and wait approx. 15 minutes