Guarantee Certificate - United Kingdom
Without prejudice to any claim the user (customer) may have in relation to the dealer or retailer, the customer shall be granted a manufacturer's Guarantee under the conditions set out below:
- In the case of new devices and their components exhibiting defects resulting from manufacturing and/or material faults within 24 months of purchase, Gigaset Communications shall, at its own option and free of charge, either replace the device with another device reflecting the current state of the art, or repair the said device. In respect of parts subject to wear and tear (including but not limited to, batteries, keypads, casing), this warranty shall be valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- This Guarantee shall be invalid if the device defect is attributable to improper treatment and/or failure to comply with information contained in the user guides.
- This Guarantee shall not apply to or extend to services performed by the authorised dealer or the customer themselves (e. g. installation, configuration, software downloads). User guides and any software supplied on a separate data medium shall be excluded from the Guarantee.
- The purchase receipt, together with the date of purchase, shall be required as evidence for invoking the Guarantee. Claims under the Guarantee must be submitted within two months of the Guarantee default becoming evident.
- Ownership of devices or components replaced by and returned to Gigaset Communications shall vest in Gigaset Communications.
- This Guarantee shall apply to new devices purchased in the European Union. For Products sold in the United Kingdom the Guarantee is issued by: Gigaset Communications GmbH, Frankenstrasse 2, D-46395 Bocholt.
- Any other claims resulting out of or in connection with the device shall be excluded from this Guarantee. Nothing in this Guarantee shall attempt to limit or exclude a Customers Statutory Rights, nor the manufacturer's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- The duration of the Guarantee shall not be extended by services rendered under the terms of the Guarantee.
- Insofar as no Guarantee default exists, Gigaset Communications reserves the right to charge the customer for replacement or repair.
- The above provisions does not imply a change in the burden of proof to the detriment of the customer.