Gigaset surveillance cameras for more security in your home
Everything in sight at all times
See it all! The time when CCTV was only used by banks, authorities and train stations is thankfully in the past. Now there are surveillance cameras everywhere thanks to technological advancements, affordable prices and user-friendliness. And as the cameras can be made to meet individual needs, you never lose sight of anything. That is a good feeling.
Number crunching: useful information about break-ins
No one wants to come home to find the windows or doors open and the interior of the house ravaged. Break-ins are horrible and not just from a material perspective. This is one reason why more and more private households are investing in security. But is it worth purchasing cameras? It might help to look at the statistics:
- In Germany, a burglar breaks into a house or flat every three minutes.1
- In 2019, 87,145 break-ins at flats and houses were reported in Germany.2 The numbers are falling and increased security measures are one factor.
- Just 17.4 per cent of cases reported to the police were solved.3 Offenders are much easier to convict with video recordings.
- On average, a break-in causes €2,850 of damage.4
- Almost half of all attempted break-ins are aborted without success.5 Thieves often retreat from highly secure properties in particular.
Always in use and well connected: Gigaset surveillance cameras
Do you feel at home? For many people, their personal environment, house or flat is a safe haven and place of tranquillity rolled into one. This makes it all the more important to feel safe and secure there. Gigaset surveillance cameras are inconspicuous and compact but perform a valuable service in an emergency. Not only have they proven effective at preventing break-ins, but they have also become indispensable helpers on a daily basis.
The cameras can also be used to supervise children as they continue watching even when you yourself are not in the children’s room or if you are outside in the garden. With indoor and outdoor cameras from Gigaset, you can even keep an eye on what your pets are up to. And if the weather turns nasty, you can monitor the location by camera and organise help if necessary. Never lose track even if you are not home: the Gigaset outdoor camera and Gigaset smart camera can link to your smartphone to keep you up to date at all times!
From outdoors: the Gigaset outdoor camera
A stylishly simple thing of beauty with an inescapable gaze, the Gigaset outdoor camera monitors your front door, driveway, garden or garage. It defies wind and bad weather and keeps an eye open even if you are at home or on the go. This outdoor camera reacts to every movement. If, for example, it is connected to a Gigaset Smart Home solution which detects a suspected break-in, the surveillance camera will record a video immediately. So does it make you feel more comfortable and at ease? Presumably yes. Can we recommend it to you? Certainly!
- The camera is weatherproof and perfectly equipped for outdoor operation where it records images in HD quality, so you won’t miss out on a single detail!
- With real-time video, you have everything under control. And thanks to infrared night vision, this outdoor camera can operate round the clock.
- You receive email or push notifications on your smartphone. The camera connects by Wi-Fi but is also compatible with an Ethernet cable.
Curious? The outdoor camera can be used for a wide range of applications and can be operated with four different camera packages.
To indoors: the Gigaset smart camera
Although slightly lighter and smaller than the Gigaset outdoor camera, when it comes to functionality and reliability there is no difference. The Gigaset smart camera makes sure everything in your home is in order, in the hall or living room, in the children’s bedroom or in the kitchen. This indoor camera is as inconspicuous as it is flexible and can be used individually or in combination with a Gigaset alarm system. Be it your pet or an intruder, nothing gets past the motion sensor. We want you to feel safe in your own four walls!
- This camera also records images in HD quality and can adapt to the level of ambient lighting with ease. And with infrared technology, you’ll have a perfect view at night as well.
- The camera connects wirelessly by Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and notifies you with real-time video broadcast straight to your smartphone.
- The camera can also be used as a baby monitor. It can be set to privacy mode at any time. When this mode is active, the camera cannot record.
This indoor camera can be used for a range of purposes and is compatible with other Gigaset Smart Home products.
Integration and installation: set up your Gigaset cameras
Play it safe with surveillance cameras from Gigaset. Even installation is sure to go without a hitch as it takes only a few steps to mount the cameras and set them up for use. First of all, decide where you would like to install your surveillance cameras. Select a location and make sure that a power supply is available. The Gigaset smart camera is small and inconspicuous so you can mount it on the wall or position it anywhere in your home with the supplied base.
It is best to mount the Gigaset outdoor camera at a height of at least 2.5 metres on one of the walls of your home with a view of your property. Check whether a power supply is nearby and whether the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough to reach this point. To install the outdoor camera, drill a hole in the wall and feed the power cable through it into your house. You can use the free Gigaset elements app to configure all other settings and even connect the camera to other Gigaset Smart Home products.
Be on the safe side: the legal requirements
Surveillance cameras have become part of our everyday lives; they can be used for many different purposes and provide security. The legal regulations in your country must also be taken into consideration when you install the camera. For instance, in Germany you are not allowed to film your neighbours or their property. You are also not allowed to point cameras at passing cars. As Gigaset cameras have excellent motion sensors, please point them at areas where there is less movement. Additionally, in order to protect privacy rights, it is advisable to give notice of the surveillance – perhaps with stickers or signs. This way, you are on the safe side.
Check, check: the advantages of Gigaset cameras at a glance
- Gigaset cameras protect your home; they scare intruders away and provide more security indoors and outdoors.
- The cameras send valuable notifications in the event of a break-in. Crimes are easier to trace and the recordings can help the investigation.
- The modern HD quality makes even minute details crystal clear and infrared provides clear night vision for up to 15 metres.
- The camera images are sent to your smartphone as real-time video so you can keep an eye on everything even when on the move.
- The cameras can be used for numerous purposes besides break-in prevention. They can be used as baby monitors, for weather observation or pet supervision.
- Gigaset cameras can be used individually or in combination with a Gigaset alarm system. The range features a variety of camera packages.
More information about the cameras
1 According to various press releases and reports (e.g. on www.immobilienscout24.de)
2 Polizeiliche Kriminalstatistik 2019 (Police Crime Statistics 2019), published by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community
4 According to a report by the German Insurance Association (GDV) – for more information visit www.gdv.de
5 According to the Einbruch-Report 2018 (Burglary Report 2018) published by the German Insurance Association (GDV)